Tab Organization

Please post your ideas for new C&W features!
Kryptonical

Tab Organization

Post by Kryptonical » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:02 am

Hi -

First off, been using clicksandwhistles a few weeks now and absolutely love it!

I have about 6-8 chans I auto-join...then have a few additional that I frequent.

On top of this I have individual private messages, once all is said and done my tab window is 4-5 lines tall...

Would it be difficult to somehow manage this by making a tabbed hierarchy? or maybe have all private messages go into a "private tab" but when you click on the private tab it has a fly out menu that shows all private messages? <--- possibly same could be done for channels as well.

Thanks for the consideration.

kryptonical
leigh
Site Admin

Re: Tab Organization

Post by leigh » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:40 pm

There are no plans to change the behaviour of the tab control at this time; if it is a problem you may want to turn tabs off and rely on the connection explorer instead. If you are connected to multiple servers then you may want to hide server windows to remove the server tabs (/hide $)

I will leave this feature request open as I may revisit the tab control in the future.

/Leigh
Kryptonical

Post by Kryptonical » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:41 pm

ahh didnt realize about the connection bar. however when i turn the connection bar on, and then maximize any window, it turns the tabs back on... anyway to perma turn the tabs off and just use the connection bar?
leigh
Site Admin

Post by leigh » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Tools/Options/Windows/Window tabs/Never show