(CLOSED) DCC Producing Empty Files & Wrong Open Path

Please report any bugs here.
zeal

(CLOSED) DCC Producing Empty Files & Wrong Open Path

Post by zeal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Just recently come back to IRC after a 2 year absence, and found this client to be as simplistic and yet as feature supportive as i needed.

I tried using DCC today, to recieve two different files -- different file types too --, from two different users, and from two different networks.
Both files showed download progress, and when done they were empty files. The open and open folder buttons both opened the C&W directory instead of where they were downloaded to.

Is this a problem with how i've set something up or a problem with the client?

Windows 7 64bit.
ClicksAndWhistles 2.7.94.
leigh
Site Admin

Re: DCC Producing Empty Files & Wrong Open Path

Post by leigh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Closing as cannot reproduce.

If you are convinced there is a defect then please provide more information: please indicate exact steps to reproduce the problem including the files in question if possible (filenames, file sizes and servers at least).

/Leigh
zeal

Re: (CLOSED) DCC Producing Empty Files & Wrong Open Path

Post by zeal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:11 pm

The servers, files, and file sizes seem irrelevent considering it happed to such a variation (tried 3 now). It was Quakenet, Freenode, 2 different jpgs, and a .ogg.

The download box shows no file details but downloads anyway, so it seems the data is simply not getting to my client.

All i'm doing is accepting DCC send requests from people. Sending files myself is perfectly fine.
leigh
Site Admin

Re: (CLOSED) DCC Producing Empty Files & Wrong Open Path

Post by leigh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 pm

I am still unable to reproduce the problem you describe, I need more information. I was able to send a file from a third party IRC client to C&W with no problems. Defect report will remain closed until a repeatable scenario which exhibits the behaviour as described has been established.

/Leigh
leigh
Site Admin

Post by leigh » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:20 pm

Your problem may be due to someone sending you a file using "Reverse / Firewall DCC" which C&W does not currently support. I will shortly be releasing a new version which handles this case gracefully (a message will be displayed in the server window that the unsupported operation was attempted) rather than erroneously displaying the file download dialog. I will add support for "Reverse / Firewall DCC" at a later date.

/Leigh
leigh
Site Admin

Post by leigh » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Issue resolved in v2.7.99 (see changelog). Support for "Reverse / Firewall DCC" will be added sometime in the future. Closing.