(CLOSED) Timestamps Displaying Incorrectly, or Breaking...

Please report any bugs here.
NewClassic

(CLOSED) Timestamps Displaying Incorrectly, or Breaking...

Post by NewClassic » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm

I've seen this happen once or twice, but it's beginning to reoccur often enough to merit a bug report. I've been having the timestamp brackets occasionally break, showing the "[" character repeatedly before posts. For example:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6130/ircscreen.png

As well as that, it seems to react uncomfortably to foreign characters. It takes a channel topic:
[20:38:12] * Topic is --! Now with topic turned up to 11. Blame -- | <I> Where? <I> Kill it. | Rop tú mo labra, rop tú mo thuicsiu; rop tussu dam-sa, rob misse duit-siu.
[20:38:12] * Set by I on Thu Jul 7 14:38:12 2011

And translate it as:
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[15:26] * Set by I on Thu Jul 7 14:38:12 2011
leigh
Site Admin

Re: Timestamps Displaying Incorrectly, or Breaking Entirely

Post by leigh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks for the bug report.

What version of the client are you running?

Unfortunately I have never seen this erroneous behaviour; in order to try to reproduce this I would need a scrollback log (.irc file) containing data that causes the bug to manifest.

Thanks,
Leigh.
NewClassic

Post by NewClassic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:08 pm

I just started a scrollback log, and I hadn't managed to replicate the bug until just now. Download link for the scrollback log is here. ( http://www.mediafire.com/?vgv4rsrpm5if8gf ) If this information helps any, the client tells me it's Version 2.7.145, and the error happened in a query window. Apparently from trying to render the ñ character.

Hopefully that's the information you need. If not, I have scrollback logs now, so I'll likely have more occurrences in the future if you need more data.
leigh
Site Admin

Post by leigh » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for providing further information; unfortunately I am unable to reproduce the problem you describe using the scrollback log you have provided. What is your timestamp set to?

I need a list of steps (after a clean install) to reproduce the problem otherwise I will have to reject and close this problem report.

/Leigh
leigh
Site Admin

Post by leigh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Closing due to being unreproducable.

/Leigh